Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Learn something new every day!

I recently spoke with an old man that I had seen around the golf course.
I had only one previous conversation with him. It ended with me telling him that some people (he) was too stupid to explain anything to. He was spouting the moronic democrat talking points as to how social security and medicare are fine. Then he continued that the republicans want to destroy, or take these benefits away from the old and the poor. This most recent meeting was much more pleasant. We talked golf. He continually spoke of Arnold Palmer. He had some Palmer golf clubs. He had told his wife that he wanted to be buried with one of them. He re-thought it and opted to be buried with an Arnold Palmer lapel pin of which he had several. He continued on that he sends Palmer a birthday card every year. I told him that I am waiting for famous people to send me birthday cards.
It struck me at that point how much liberals are into idol worship. You can see it almost across the board with them. I have met a number of famous, important, wealthy people. Never have I fixated on them, nor did I feel them to be superior to me. Possibly when I was young I envied some of them and was jealous of them.
You see this theme play out time and again. Whether it be with movie stars, reality show subjects, singers, vampires, Obama, or other celebrities. What's up with these people? Do they consider their lives to be meaningless. Do they not feel they have any value at all? Do they not believe in God, so they look to these idols to have what they consider a superior power in their lives?
I am not even sure how to identify this type of personality. Perhaps you can help me identify this affliction. All I can come up with is the following:
submissive personality
inferiorty complex
addictive personality
childlike personality
lack of self-confidence
lack of self-worth
lack of self-esteem
What the hell is the deal with these people?

A. C. Smithson

No comments:

Post a Comment