Saturday, December 4, 2010

Social event of the year

Yesterday the Countess Denise Elaine (wife) and I attended the social event of the year. The guest list was carefully scrutinized allowing only the creme de la creme to attend. I felt quite honored to have received an invite. The host and hostesses' graciousness and kindness made the evening a wonderful one. I drank three beers and three glasses of wine. The following morning I realized why I don't drink wine.

I made a considerable ass of myself hurting the feelings of at least three guest. I warned the hostess that I am severely lacking in the social graces at the time the invitation was given. She bears some responsibility for my actions as she was forewarned. I can be somewhat of a bully (see blog post on bullying posted 9-17-10.) This may have been one of the characteristics that made me a good cop. I am sorry for offending as each of the three are class people who deserve better.


A. C. Smithson

No comments:

Post a Comment