Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Old Fashioned? Possibly

There are numerous significant problems that all of us have to deal with. One that keeps returning to me is a concern for the future, and the youths of America.

This morning while listening to an old tune by Neil diamond titled The Boat That I Row, it started me thinking again about the future generations.

The song goes like this "I don't have a lot, but with me that's fine. Whatever I've got well I know that it's mine. I don't go around with the local crowd. I don't dig what's in so I guess I'm out. There ain't a man alive that can tell me what to say. I choose my own side, and I like it that way. I don't worry about all the things that I'm not."

Could it be so that young people acted more as individuals as this song demonstrates? Would as many young people participate in bizarre behaviors and actions in order to obtain their 15 minutes of fame. It pains me to see young people follow each other, copy each other, as would mine numb robots. Young people tattooing themselves piercing themselves apparently attempting to emulate the originators of this type of behavior, the prostitutes and outlaw biker gang members.

A. C. Smithson

No comments:

Post a Comment