Thursday, December 12, 2013

Education

Randi Weingarten, President of American Federation of Teachers, was interviewed on TV a couple of days ago.  She explained the reason we can't educate kids nowadays is because of poverty.  I guess if you are poor you are too stupid to learn.  When I went to elementary school I was poor.  I was so poor that on occasion after visiting a friend in the Kennedy Projects, El Paso, TX.,  I made this wish.  I  wished that one day I might be able to live in such a nice place.  Ninety-five percent of the kids in my school were poor.  Many started out in first grade speaking Spanish.  By second grade they had learned English.  Surprisingly 99.999 % successfully obtained an education.  Both poverty and English as a second language are frequently used as excuses for failing to get an education nowadays.  The real reason why schools fail is that there is no longer any personal responsibility, or accountability standards.  Liberalism has afforded these young miscreants excuse after excuse for failure.  The same moronic liberal policies from school boards, politicians, administrators, parents, and lawyers, have wrecked the system.  A six year old  boy was suspended from a school in Canon City, Colorado for sexual harassment after kissing the hand of a little girl.  You have idiots like this running schools.  How the hell can the youths get an education under these circumstances.  A couple of days ago  I was visiting with a merchant near Hanks High School.  He told me that he had just run off two kids at lunch time who were having sex in the entry way of his business.  No wonder they can't focus on school work they are not having a proper lunch.  Now don't get me wrong, it wasn't all bad.  Two positive points come to mind.  1) The couple having sex was a male and a female couple, not two boys or two girls.  2) The shopping center houses a WIC office so once the girl becomes pregnant she can access taxpayer funded handouts without much difficulty.
A. C. Smithson

No comments:

Post a Comment